Thursday 19 May 2011

Meet our Makers: Ruth Packham



Another of our new exhibitors this year is Ruth Packham. Here are a few words from Ruth about her work.

I live in Borth on the West coast of Wales. My main love is fabric and have been screen printing my own designs for over 10 years......making clothes, soft furnishing, bags and art work.
I teach screen printing from my studio in Borth and do outreach workshops.


I started felt making 3 years ago and was instantly hooked. While my print making has become more monochrome, my felt making exudes colour. I try and use UK produced wool and create felt wall hangings, transferring my screen printing style into drawing with wool fibres. More recently I have discovered 3d felt making and am making felt vessels. It is early days for me and felt, I have so much to learn but I am loving the process.
Please contact me if you are interested in any aspects of my work.
Email Ruth
Visit Ruth's Etsy shop
See Ruth's Facebook Page 

No comments:

Post a Comment